Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Microwave Chocolate Protein Cake

Sometimes, you just need something sweet, but it's hard to justify the empty calories and the sugar rush and inevitable crash.  I've seen lots of recipes out there for protein brownies, cookies, you name it... but nothing has quite satisfied.   So I concocted my own recipe, and it turned out quite nicely.  I enjoyed it with a homemade latte.









Serves 1
1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used BSN's Lean Dessert Protein in Chocolate Fudge Pudding)
2 tbsp baking mix
1 tbsp dutch processed cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4-1/3 cup water
1 tbsp mix-ins (I used chocolate chips, but you could also use nuts or peanut butter)

Mix the dry ingredients together until blended in a small bowl.  Stir in water until smooth and add mix-ins. Microwave for 2 minutes or until no wet spots remain.  Enjoy!

290 calories, 8 g fat, 33 g carbohydrates, 22 g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment